The defence ministry has introduced that different backward castes-non creamy layer (OBC-NCL) can be given 27 according to cent reservation in 31 Sainik Schools with impact from the 2021-22 educational consultation. The announcement was once made by means of defence secretary Ajay Kumar via Twitter, whilst defence minister Rajnath Singh was once busy campaigning in Bihar for the meeting polls on Friday. The transfer led to a few complaints in defence circles, with a couple of officials calling it ‘a retrograde step that can sow the seeds of caste-discrimination within the military in the end’. A defence ministry professional, then again, brushed aside the rivalry. ‘It is in response to the nationwide norms in addition to the formulations of the HRD ministry on admissions in tutorial establishments. The order was once issued to all Sainik School principals on October 13,’ he mentioned. The 27% reservation for OBCs can be along with the present 15% for SCs, 7.5% for STs, and 25% for kids of serving and retired army bodies of workers underneath the “defence category” in Sainik Schools. In each and every Sainik School, 67% of seats are reserved for kids of that state or UT, with the remainder 33% for applicants from different puts. If any of the reserved classes of SC, ST, or OBC-NCL don’t seem to be had inside of the house stateUT, the seats will be allotted some of the defence and normal classes to verify the 67% standards is met, mentioned the MoD order.

Let’s start building wealth with us The Wealth Home

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here